Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Search Continues...

Ha… Renard beat me to it…. So today marks seven months since our engagement on April 17th, 2010. It’s amazing how time flies when you’re having fun. I love him more and more each day.

As for wedding planning, things are moving along. There is one thing however, that is moving much slower than I ever anticipated and that is finding my wedding dress. But through it all I am remaining patient. My first attempt to searching for the dress was running of the Brides DC. For those of you who don’t know what that is, Filene’s Basement hosts a yearly event in various cities around the US where brides-to-be come from all over to find their dream dress at bargain prices (for those of you who know me, know I love a deal). The event for DC was held at Mazza Gallerie. Words can’t describe the excitement and adrenalin that was pumping through the crowd as brides came far and wide for this event. Some brides began waiting in line the night before to be the first to choose from the gown selection. Our team thoroughly enjoyed the event, the people and the atmosphere but unfortunately I left ROB empty handed.


Check out the link below for Team Miller (we’re in the yellow t- shirts). Also, I want to publicly thank these ladies again for all of their love and support. ALL WE DO IS WIN!!!!



After ROB, I continued my search in Philly (my hometown) and New York. Both places had great selections, but some places were either far out of my reach or just not my style. I know exactly what I want so it’s just a matter of finding it. However, there is one dress that I still have my eye on. Time is winding down so I know I need to find my dress very soon, so the search continues. Hopefully, when I continue my quest after Thanksgiving I will be able to find the one. Can’t wait for the day when I can say yes to the dress!!
Signed,
Patient Bride-to-Be

4 comments:

  1. I cant wait for u to "say yes to the dress" either, lol..... just j/k Miami, hong kong, wherever I'm down for the quest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha... Lou I love you... I'm actually thinking India next.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way to much madness for my blood. I would have a heart attack in that place. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... it was crazy... but worth the experience.

    ReplyDelete