Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Happenings!

Hey everyone! 2 posts in one day! I guess I'm on a roll!  Well, although this entry won't relate much to the wedding and/or the planning...it's just more of "the happenings"...the fun and amazing things Janelle and I share and enjoy in our lives!

So, as I mentioned in the previous post, a lot has been going on lately.  We're starting to get the wheel turning on the wedding planning as we're basically in the vendor analysis stage (wow, that sounds like something I would say at work!) as we plan to meet with many of our vendors for the reception. But in between that time, we've had some other great things come around...

For example, we traveled up to Philadelphia for Janelle's Dad's 70th Birthday Dinner Celebration.  It was an amazing dinner and great times as Mr. Faulkner shared a great evening with his family and friends in a reception style atmosphere that was all planned by Mrs. Faulkner.  It was so great, I had to nudge Mrs. Faulkner and tell her she could be a planner for our wedding (really! it was that good!...good times! SN: See how I tied that back to this being a wedding blog :-)


On to Part II of our adventures...this past Sunday (after our engagement pics) Janelle and I went to our first hockey game as the Washington Capitals played the Atlanta Thrashers.  Well before I go into detail on our rude awakening, I first have to mention that it was beautiful outside that day.  I believe it was in the mid-60's all day with clear skies.  So of course Janelle and I were dressed comfortably going to the game in our "Rock the Red" gear (everyone wears the Caps primary color red to the game), but upon entering the building the stewardess told us that we were going to freeze to death inside of the arena.  Quite frankly I paid no mind to what she was saying...that is until we got to our seats and I realized what she meant.  I kid you not, but the AC was on at the Verizon Center...I wish I could have told you how cold it was in there but it was brisk.  Never did I expect it to be that cold in the arena, but regardless we enjoyed ourselves and witnessed the Caps win 6-4!  Hockey definitely beats going to an NBA game!


Lastly, but certainly it wasn't supposed to be our least favorite thing to do was our 4th Annual Redskins game outing and what better game could we have gotten tix for this season than against our divisional rival and Janelle's hometown team (although she's a converted Skins fan now...bless her heart! :-) the Philadelphia Eagles!  Well folks, I'm sure many of you already know the outcome of that game, so it's no use going into detail!  But I will say this much, regardless of the score it was a great time and being the true fans that we are, we stayed until the last whistle blew...in the cold and rain! Now that's devotion! Go Skins!


My next entry will go into detail about what we learned from our 3rd marriage counseling session: Biblical Roles for Husbands & Wives!  So stay tuned, you don't want to miss out on that one!

3 comments:

  1. You guys make me happy!!! And I must say Renz I literally started crying of laughter with your skins pic. I might save it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea with the blog!! GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you... we're glad we can share our journey with our close friends and family!!

    ReplyDelete