Thursday, April 14, 2011

Photography...Invitations...+ More!

Well it looks like my wife has been killing the game with her recent posts and putting me to shame! Oh and yes I did call her my wife! I'm getting into the habit of calling her my wife. It's funny because titles have always required an adjustment period for me. When Janelle and I became official...I sort of liked to refer to her as my "lady-friend" as my young nephew would call it. The "girlfriend" title took a long time to stick. Then came the "fiance" title. My goodness, if you have never had to say that word before in reference to someone, it takes a lot out of you to say and even more so it just sounds like a word that is just too elegant to come out of my mouth. It's soooo, mmmm, how do you say it...FRENCH! LOL :-) But I did get used to it as of late, but now I'm just calling her my wife to those who know me. I must say...it sounds great. It comes out so fluent and all...but this isn't what this post is about...so let me get on course! So the other day, a follower of this blog got on me because I had not posted anything in awhile. I told them, oh just wait, I have lots to share. But when I said that, I really wondered to myself...I really don't have much to say right now. Of course a lot is going on and probably more so because at this point everything is moving so fast right now. For the most part Janelle is tackling many different projects right now and I'm just there to attend meetings and be her support. My sole responsibility during this time has been to find a photographer. Well, I'm happy to announce that after weeks of visting websites, taking calls and emails from vendors and meeting face to face with photographers we have finally selected our person to capture our moments on our special day. We will be working with AKGilley Photography and her name is Amanda. We meet Amanda just last week and I am not exaggerating when I say we had the best meeting out of all our meetings with the photographers we visited. All of our other meetings were great, but we just enjoyed our time with Amanda and I'm sure she will be delighted to work with Mr. & Mrs. Photogentic, so we really look forward to it...and we will be able to share more pictures on the blog as we have agreed to do another complimentary engagemenet session :-)...but you guys will have to wait for those... Other things that are going on...THE INVITATIONS ARE HERE! Well in pieces that is...now we will spend the next couple of weeks, but hopefully days putting them together! Yes, I have signed up to help folks, hope Janelle let's me in the lab to do some damage. Arts & Crafts may not be my thing, but I can do some mean cutting (along the dotted line of course :-). Let's see...we're also meeting with florists. I wish you guys can see me in these meetings. Janelle and the florist are so into it and I'm just left sitting there wanting to get to the bottom line...the $$$$ :-). In fact, most florist don't even talk to me until they ask what kind of flower(s) I want in my boutonniere. All the glits and glamour of flowers and stuff isn't me, but I continue to follow along. I'm just there for support for the most part but I love to see how Janelle's visions come to light. So I hope you guys are impressed with what we're working on towards the look and feel of the ceremony and reception! Lastly, we had a meeting with our event planner (Randi) yesterday and scheduled our food tasting...mmm, can't wait! Randi told us to make sure we bring our appetites and ya'll know she didn't have to tell me that twice! She also informed us of some great news that we wanted to hear months ago, but hey, better late than never huh? :-)... All and all everything is starting to come together. I need to make more updates instead of these long brain dumps that I'm sure tends to bore you guys. So if you made it this far I commend you! :-) Until next time - "Peace...Out!" *in my Shaun T voice* lol (sidenote: Shaun T is our personal trainer that we despise! lol)

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha I love your blogs!! this is something that the wo of you will enjoy years to come. And Yes Shaun T is INSANE!! You are doing wonderful with your support of the big day. I am super proud of you.

    ReplyDelete